Following on from last year’s success, Creative Works has been shortlisted in the Sustainability, Value for Money and People’s Choice categories at this year’s HOFFAs.
The HOFFAs are designed to recognise the most innovative and dynamic flexible office spaces in London, and we feel honored to have been selected for the second year running.
A panel of experts will decide who wins the most Sustainable and best Value for Money workspace, but People’s Choice is – quite rightly – in the public’s hands.
So, if you’re a fan of Creative Works and think we should be crowned HubbleHQ’s Office of the Future – People’s Champion, please vote for us!PLEASE VOTE FOR US!
Some of our key achievements over the last year:
- One of few coworking spaces to be piloting the Affordable Workspace Accreditation Scheme – we’re leading the conversation on sustainable practices in offices
- Modern, 24/7 access workspace with air con
- Successful and affordable pricing structure
- Runner up in three Hubble Office of the Future Categories
- Placed 10 BCE apprentices with members
- Accredited London Living Wage Employer
- Free week desk trial to prospective members
- Launched free 1:1 business, finance and HR clinics for members
- Featured in local press (Waltham Forest News & Echo)
- Ongoing partnerships with local organisations (e.g. FORGE, WFC, Outset), and local suppliers (e.g. Wood St Coffee)
- Hosted events throughout the year, including “How to Become a Living Wage Employer workshop”; “You Are What You Wear, Can we Sustain Fashion?”
- Hosted weekly skills training workshops for young people & starting adult skills training with BCE
- Held informal networking events that encourage people to chat
80% of furniture is made from recycled or reclaimed materials and a large proportion of it was built in-house by a local carpenter. Our contractors (ITC) used sustainable methods and materials during the fit out such as FSE approved timber and local subcontractors.
In 2019 we signed the Air Quality Commitment Pledge to continue our commitment to reducing carbon emissions. We encourage members to cycle to work by providing bike storage and a shower.
Our daily fruit is sourced from sustainable startup, Oddbox, and we prevent waste using unsold food from a local cafe for catering. Everyone gets gifted a plant and we utilise as much natural light as possible. Our efficient LED lighting automatically adjusts to the level of natural light and we have a VRV heating/cooling system.
Hubble HQ recently listed Creative Works as one of the most eco-friendly offices in London.
Value for money achievements
The usual things that coworking members expect are included our pricing, such as locally sourced coffee, breakfast, yoga and frequent social events (including SOFAR SOUNDS gigs). But we go the extra mile by providing free business services that enable our startups to grow.
We have a monthly business clinic hosted by Yvette Ankrah MBE, a finance clinic and we’re about to launch a monthly HR clinic. We’re also collaborating with Outset and FORGE, business support programmes for local startups and regularly run workshops and events in our space.
Members who participate in our BCE apprenticeship programme get a free desk. Crucially, we connect our clients with each other effectively on a business and social level – 30% of our members have collaborated within the building, 35% of tenants have grown due to our apprenticeship programme and business support.
We actively promote our members on our social media platforms, blog and within the WFC business group.
Thank you for voting for us in the People’s Champion category and fingers crossed!PLEASE VOTE FOR US!